Sunday, August 14, 2011

"When you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it."
"Making a decision was only the beginning of things. When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision".
- Paulo Coelho


I'm reading The Alchemist for the first time ever (yeah, about time). I wanted to know what this "international bestselling phenomenon" was all about. I can't say I like the writing style all that much, and stories kind of irritate me if they aren't written in a consecutive way, but I do love what he's trying to get at. Through little stories and insights on a boy's life you learn the way Paulo thinks about the world. I haven't read the whole thing yet so I'm trying to stay captivated so I may give you the full on review. So far, it's neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment