Friday, June 1, 2012

Energy Workshops

I experienced a release the other day which came quite unexpectedly; I guess for where I was going, I should have expected it. I entered a room filled with people who are highly "spiritually attuned"; I entered a psychic/energy expo. I mainly went to check out my mom's booth, as she does past life regression & hypnotherapy (knowthyselves.com). After an hour or so of hanging out, I found myself floating to a couple of different workshops. Now, I'm not the kind of person to like doing group work. Anything that involves me and a bunch of people in a circle "loosening" up and shaking about isn't what I'd be signing up for on a usual day. But I figured, if I was there, I may as well just go and make a fool of myself -- who cares what anyone thinks really -- so I did.

I'm so happy I convinced myself to step inside that large, LARGE empty gymnasium to do the Qi Gong workshop.  We stood there, shook our little bodies, saluted the sun, brought a "ball of light" through our entire bodies ... at first it felt really funny, but when I loosened up a bit more I started to enjoy the feeling of it all. It was really liberating, clearing, and I ended up quite literally vibrating; although the postures and moves were easy peasy, a couple spots in my body started to ache. This meant energy was being circulated into those sensitive areas, in turn irritating sore spots. I got outta there just floating. Happy, as though I'd just released all of my junk.

Next I went to a meditation class, a Cowabunga Life workshop (cowabungalife.com). Brad had spoken at this really cool event called the Awesome Shit Club, where he mentioned he was going to put together 40 daily meditations sent to your email every day to make you feel better about your life. His energy was explosive ... the moment he stepped on that stage and said a word (actually, I think it was "ooommmm" haha), all of us felt better than we had the second before. It's not easy to say that in a room full of strangers who aren't necessarily spiritual in any way, and still get a good response. Aaaaanyway! I went to Brad's meditation class. Apart from having to dance like monkeys at the very beginning (like I said, not my thing), the class was amazing! I actually started crying from the true, beautiful things that came out of his mouth. He's all about finding the things that make you the most happy in life and bringing more of that stuff in. It's all so simple when you hear it from someone else. Sure, I'll just dump all the things that don't make me happy and do all the things that do!! Of course, I'm a firm believer in the fact that once you've set a path and it makes you feel GOOD, the universe will conspire with you to make it all happen -- sometimes in the strangest ways of course -- and if you are confused, cluttered, frustrated, or in any kind of negative mind state, you'll end up attracting that too. The universe doesn't judge whether what you're asking for is good or bad. It'll just give it to ya. So be careful what you wish for.

I came out of his class even more buzzing than after the Qi Gong workshop. Two amazing, energetically charged workshops in a row?!! I was bouncing off the walls, I coulda started flying! But I found that my energy quickly depleted only a couple hours later ... but my ego was fighting really hard to stay in that "happy" state of mind. That's probably the worst one could do, is try to "hold on" to a state of mind, because then it's forced, fake, and in conflict. So I let it all go. I figured that so much energy at once, with my body not being used to it at ALL, would tire my body down.

This was one of the most pleasant days I've had in a long time. Now I'm trying to implement more breathing techniques and movement in my daily routines. I miss dancing, and dancing makes me SO happy. I miss singing, music, activity, buzzing crowds ... so I suppose that's what I'll be adding to my life! And meditation!!! Hope you find what it is in your life you're missing to make you more energetic, makes you happy, and makes you feel like you're doing the RIGHT THING for YOU.

Love, Lyds

No comments:

Post a Comment