Tuesday, November 23, 2010

For the love of idioms!!

It never rains, but it pours.

Synchronicity, repetition and blatent attention grabbers are back and stronger than ever today. This morning at breakfast with my parents we had one of our usual discussions. In this case, this was about my sister who had just gotten a job and then got another call from the restaurant we were at for an interview. I said "Well, we all know what they say, it never rains, but it pours!" I went home after food, and decided to watch one of my favorite movies (teehee) Gone in Sixty Seconds -- my jaw dropped when I heard one of the characters say that exact same line. About an hour ago -- now I'm sitting at work -- my boss says "It's been so quiet here today! Hope your night isn't too slow!" And then I automatically told her that it'd automatically get busy since she "jinxed" it. Oddly (or not-so-oddly) enough, a customer walked in about 2 seconds later. In poured the customers, after there were none for a long, long time. There it was again.

Lots of little things like that today, too many to retell. Perhaps I'll start my day off with an idiom and let it make my day unfold a specific way!

No comments:

Post a Comment