Sunday, February 12, 2023

Michelangelo

the other day, in the coffee shop next to my work - where I have been struggling for 4 weeks, going into my 5th - a man mentioned the sistine chapel ceiling and how hard it must have been to paint it. for some reason in that moment I wanted to know more about Michelangelo, but quickly forgot about it. today, I decided to backtrack to a tiny library on my walk (as I am sick today, and am sick for the second time in two months), where I found a book titled "The Agony and the Ecstacy: the passionate biographical novel of Michelangelo". impressed to have followed my intuition to come back to check this library (and god knows I have enough books I don’t read already), I went home content. later today, I watched yet another episode of my favourite show - the show that is keeping me sane and empty during this difficult time - and they mentioned Michelangelo. just a second, no more, but just enough, for my ears to perk up.


just listening to the little nudges as I struggle through this piece of art.

could it be transformative?

No comments:

Post a Comment