Saturday, September 27, 2014

Heading south with blinders on

Learning to let go. Learning to remind myself that life is the way it is and I must go with it, planning as much as I can with what I have, but making sure not to over-focus and be driven by one path with blinders on. The possibilities are endless, and life will hand you want you want, but only if you're open to every method of receiving. I was also reminded by a friend that perhaps "life" or "the universe" -- or whatever it is you want to call it -- hands you everything you ask for, whether it be good or bad. When you say, "I really don't want to work here anymore, I'm so sick of it!" you're most likely gonna get more shitty work you don't enjoy, and more sickness coming your way. Rather, you should exclaim "I would love to work for myself!" without the whole "but I can't because I work here and I'll never get out of it, I'm so stuck".

Anyway, the same old stuff, you know? Sometimes I am reminded of a state of mind I held in the past, and it was overridden with new ways of thinking or just more crap from life being heavy sometimes. My reminder now is 'Think of what you can do with what you have now and ask for what you want and you shall receive it'. Another reminder was self-love and respect. 'If you love yourself fully, others will love you for being honest and true, and perhaps will love themselves more in return.'

End this post with a Walden quote which struck what I've been epiphanizing (?!) :

"If we respected only what is inevitable and has a right to be, music and poetry would resound along the streets. When we are unhurried and wise, we perceive that only great and worthy things have any permanent and absolute existence, that petty fears and petty pleasures are but the shadow of the reality."

No comments:

Post a Comment