Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Being more present has been taught wrong, in my opinion. There is a past and a future but in order to make them more meaningful and purposeful the present must have more substance. This would be done through taking more time to be conscious of our surroundings: stopping ourselves and realizing what affects us, and what we're affecting as well. Being more present would in turn let us remember the moments that pass us by and become our so-called "past". Why would I want to live if I can't remember the love I felt through an amazing experience I had moments, days, or years ago? On the other hand, how many times have you tried to think of what you ate earlier that day and couldn't even remember? That, my friends, is not paying enough attention to the very actions you're taking. So sad!

I do think I've got solutions to that though. Comin' up real quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment